Friday 28 September 2012

Hello Blog!

Blog...how's it going? I've neglected you, I know, I'm a terrible blogger.

Something tragic has happened. I have finally become so jaded, so very bitter about the endless stream of shite being published under the umbrella term of "Urban Fantasy" that I can no longer look the genre in the eye. I really can't. It's 99.9% paranormal romance pond slime and I'm just too tired to keep looking for the .01% of awesome anymore.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was reading The Dark Heroine...and thinking of how the author got a 6 fix advance on it. 6 bloody figures...for lovesick teenage drivel. It's just...I mean, obviously that must be what the masses want, and I just don't fit in with the masses. To me, it's pitiful. I feel like the kid who was convinced the emperor wasn't wearing any clothes.

I have a good friend, who's massively into Epic Fantasy. Now in the past I've never got into it, but she's seen me weep over my crappy book options a few times and has persuaded me to try something by some George RR Martin fella. So I'll give that a go. And if it's any good, maybe I'll wander back to book blogging a happy chappy.

..if not...God knows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment